Cape Wrath Trail

Cape Wrath Trail
Carrying 25 kg and feeling good

Thursday 7 April 2016

How exhausting is being a tourist!!

Well I've been walking around Malaga for about four hours now and I've covered nearly 10 miles. So you don't need to just walk in the mountains to cover a lot of distance!!
I have visited the Castilla de Gibralfato, which is the big  16th century coastal lookout and fortified castle high on a hill behind Malaga, and then the Alcazaba De Malaga, which is the 11th century Moorish Palace and castle slightly lower down. Both of these are absolutely amazing built on a massive scale, and certainly not to be missed. 
Then. I found the stamina to visit the Picasso Museum,  and just now  I went round the bullring opposite the hotel.
I have to say that all of Old Malaga is absolutely amazing. There was also a Roman theatre in the middle of town which I have visited too.
I did find the cathedral but it looks so amazing that I don't want to rush it and actually all this walking around is quite exhausting. So I think I might visit the cathedral tomorrow on my way to the airport hotel. 
I'm going to walk to the hotel. It looks quite fun and I can follow the coast out of Malaga for about four miles before I head in that. It's only going to be about six or 7 miles from the hotel.
It's hard to believe that I've only got one more day on holiday before I go back home. But it's enough now. I am starting to get a little bit weary of living out of a rucksack and I miss my husband. And if I don't put some different shoes on soon they are going to walk home without me.

No comments: