Cape Wrath Trail

Cape Wrath Trail
Carrying 25 kg and feeling good

Wednesday 6 April 2016

A long time on a bus

I enjoyed my evening in Valor yesterday.
After a walk to Nechite and the Fuente Romano, I mooches around for a while and had supper in the local bar. It was a delicious bean and asparagus ommelette. I was just leaving when I was hailed by the local alcoholic, an Irishman called Martin who has lived in this part of Spain for more than 30 years. He had two gorgeous dogs called Luciano and Pavarotti. He insisted on buying me a drink so I chose "pacharan" - the. Spanish slow gun with a hint of liquorice added. Amazing stuff. The sunset over the village was stunning; like being inside a Turner painting. At about half past eight I said goodbye and headed to bed.
Of course I slept very badly last night - worried I would oversleep and miss the bus - but with 4 alarms set there was no fear of that and I probably woke up my hosts in Los Arcos in Valor (an outstanding hotel by the way).

I crept out, collecting a fabulous breakfast in the way, and shivered in the dark and the cold for about 25 minutes until the bus came.
Then it was three and a half hours on the bus,  wending its way through steep villages. I was scared. 
In Granada there was a mad rush to get a coffee con leche and go to the toilet. There wa pandemonium at the cafe and I had to be really assertive. It is very busy on the roads this morning!
And now I am sitting on another bus, heading for Malaga Central. I will certainly be bussed out when this is over. 

No comments: