Cape Wrath Trail

Cape Wrath Trail
Carrying 25 kg and feeling good

Tuesday 5 April 2016

A small walk to Nechite

Not being a great one for siestas and not wanting to just sit and drink beer all afternoon and fall into a coma, I decided to go for a little walk to the neighbouring village of Nechite. The route was lovely: of course there was some up up up and quite a lot of down down down interspersed with following Acequias. I enjoyed the cats trying to hide in them.
I ended up going back to the old roman bridge - the Puente de la Tableta -coming into the town. It really is an amazing bridge.
Valor itself feels like a bit of a dump. There seems to be more rubbish than normal and it feels very empty and a bit like the land that Time forgot.
But it's a really amazing part of the  world and at one stage in its history lots of people loved it and throw money at it. Some of the buildings look or feel Georgian and there are some really beautiful plants here from Africa.
The landlord and landlady are English -he is a retired banker - and I am the only visitor here. I've just been spoiled by a lovely slice of tea-cake and a cup of tea. My 1st cup of tea since I left home.
So I'm going to have a bit of a rest and then go and get something to eat and then have an early night I think. I need to be up at 5 AM
I really feel I should mention that my feet smell quite bad at the moment. It's my shoes. I can't wait to wear something else.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Hey Rock you always did have smelly feet so no change there 😄

Well done for doing the walk we are well jell.

BDM and with C (but suspect he will comment more sensibly himself!)

Ben said...

5 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW i would be in deep sleep then! It sounds soooooooo interesting and the cat bit sounds awesome! Wish I could be there but I would give definitely!😎😎😎🐱

Ben said...

Maya

Unknown said...

We have all caught up with you just as you are leaving. What a journey. Now you will be reduced to making fates to see the family. Safe journey home.