Cape Wrath Trail

Cape Wrath Trail
Carrying 25 kg and feeling good

Monday 4 April 2016

Being in Yegen in the rain

Well it started raining almost as soon as I left Mecina Bombaron, but it was a very half-hearted sort of rain which was easily repelled by Andrews waterproofing technique and my lightweight waterproofs and rucksack cover.
So I went down to Golco, a weird mediaeval hamlet where the GR 7 signs completely disappeared leaving me lost and confused for a while. I have a sort of deja vu feeling I got lost in exactly the same place last year.
Then I walked up through beautiful plants to the hamlet of Montenegro, and then up to yegen.
My room is fine with a balcony that overlooks the fountain.
I will have a wander round later and find Gerard Brenan's house.
But for now it is nice just being still and quiet and the clouds are rather cooling. 
My eye is getting better already. A lovely girl in the farmacia at Berchules told me that she thought it didn't seem bad enough to be conjunctivitis and sold me eye drops for mild allergic reaction and dry eyes which seems to have done the job.
The hotel at Berchules was OUTSTANDING by the way. I had ratatouille followed by rabbit stew for supper last night. And the fruit and yoghurt breakfast was amazing. 
B


2 comments:

Chris said...

Ben dev & Maya all following you from Westleton. I will have a good look at the last couple of days - it's been chaotic in Hatfield but it will be relaxed now. Take care. Cxc

Ben said...

Hi Rock this all looks amazing. I hope your eye gets better! Was great to see you last weekend with Andrew - hope he did not steal that cannon ball into your backpack!